RERU Immigration

PGWP (Post Graduate Work Permit)

The Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) allows international students who have completed secondary education from a designated Canadian Educational Institution (DLI) to obtain an Open Work Permit to gain valuable Canadian work experience. Skilled Canadian work experience under qualified national occupation codes, gained while attending PGWP, helps students qualify for permanent residency in Canada.

 * You can get only one post-graduation work permit in your lifetime

Eligibility for PGWP:

To be eligible for PGWP, international students must have:

  • Graduate from a qualified designated educational institution (DLI).
  • Completed at least eight months long study at an eligible post-secondary institution in Canada that leads to a degree, diploma or certificate
  • Must be maintained full-time student status in Canada during each semester of the program or programs of study
  • Submit a transcript and an official letter from a qualified DLI stating that they have satisfied the requirements to complete their program of study as proof of program completion.

Study or Work in Your Dream